Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I Am The Last Person To Do The Four Things Meme, And We Are Grateful For Its Demise

The Wheezus tagged me. Not by name but I knew what she meant. Warning: Boring Post Ahead

Four jobs I've had:
Blueprint courier
Signboard wearer
Research Director
College professor
(And I couldn't make a decent cup of coffee for my boss in any of them. Hard to understand how I am just unable to master that simple skill, innit?/

Four movies I can watch over and over:
La Belle et La BĂȘte
Pulp Fiction
Wages of Fear (Le salaire de la peur)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
(I wanted to include Kill Bill, Vols. I and II but they are too new to see how they hold up)

Four places I've lived:
Washington, D.C.
Point Lookout, N.Y.
Chevy Chase, Md.
College Park, Md.
(What? I like it here.)

Four TV shows I love:
Project Runway
The Daily Show
Washington Journal
South Park

Four highly-touted TV shows I detest:
Seinfeld (Yeah? Just put that gasp away. So I'm the only one.)
Any of those yukky do nice things for the poor family shows like Extreme Makeover
Deadwood
24

Four books I'd recommend to anyone, anytime:
Johnny Got His Gun, Dalton Trumbo
Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior, Judith Martin
Goodnight Moon, Margaret Wise Brown
The Elements of Style, William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White

Four places I've vacationed:
Mont Tremblant
San Francisco
Ocracoke Island
Santa Fe

Four of my favorite dishes:
Corn on the cob - Silver Queen corn, of course
Flan
BLT
Steamed blue crabs

Four sites I visit daily:
Salon
Slashdot
Hullabaloo
Manolo's Shoe Blog

Four places I would rather be right now:
A sloop on the Chesapeake Bay
Tauranga, New Zealand
Turtle Inn, Cayo District, Belize (Shown above, right)
Rive Gauche

No comments: