Friday, July 11, 2003

George Tenet
is the bad actor. After Dick Durbin (D-IL) and John McCain (R-AZ) called for finding out who is to blame (below and here, where McCain said whoever is responsible should be fired) we suddenly have insight into whose fault it all is.

George Tenet took the hit. " "I am responsible for the approval process in my agency," Tenet said. " and "This did not rise to the level of certainty which should be required for presidential speeches, and the CIA should have ensured that it was removed."

So it is the fault of the British and the CIA. I'm sure glad the White House wasn't implicated. Excuse me while I mop my brow with a tissue.

Um, that's better. Good thing it is the truth because as Steve Gilliard over at Kos reminds us CIA Directors don't go down so easily.

No comments: