Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Wesley Clark (2)
I'm glad to see he is reading my blog, understands my feelings, and has decided to decide. His announcement is rumored to occur tomorrow. Good. Maybe he will veer from the Arnold path and have positions.

The October issue of "Harper's" appeared in my mailbox yesterday. The lead story is entitled "We're in the Army Now: The G.O.P.'s Plan to Militarize Our Culture." I have no interest in supporting General Clark because he symbolizes the GOP's goal for our future or even to counter that notion. I would be most pleased, however, to support him because he turns out to be a strong leader with right-thinking opinions. (I refuse to let Them co-opt the perfectly good word "right" to mean correct.)

I guess we'll see soon enough if he is The One.

No comments: