Sunday, May 22, 2005

More Evidence of Pure Evil

The Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS) of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) announces the availability of funds for FY 2005 and requests applications for grants for public awareness campaigns on embryo adoption.

Let me repeat that. Your Federal Government is prepared to spend nearly one million dollars for a public awareness campaign -- if it weren't 1984 we'd call it marketing -- to convince folks to adopt embryos. Apparently, and I'm just inferring here, they had no answer to the notion that all those embryos were just sitting there, ready to be used for stem cell research. So they want to let the public know they are available for adoption.

Of course they aren't. If I have a dozen embryos frozen they belong to me. So, I suppose, next we will start with some religious campaign to try to force me to give up my unused embryos. They will be abandoned, or neglected, or some such. And when that doesn't work, we'll have some federal law -- The Save The Unborn And Provide All Those Childless Couples Help Act, although it will have some heartless manipulative acronym -- that will allow the Department of Embryonic Rescue to take them by force.

And after that they'll come after your unused sperm and eggs.

I still can't tell if they are totally nutzoid, fanatically manipulative, or both.

I'd rant a bit, but I think I have to go write a grant application now.

No comments: