Thursday, February 07, 2008

Candidate, Don't Annoy Me


For those of you who need to be reminded, I live in the State of Maryland. There will be a primary in my state next Tuesday. Last evening I received four phone calls from Hillary Clinton. I know they were from Hillary Clinton because the Caller ID said "Hillary Clinton" bigger than life. Caller ID wouldn't lie, would it?

I don't actually hold this against her or her campaign. I hold it against the folks who decided that the Do Not Call list wouldn't include folks trying to sell political candidates. They really should fix that before everybody is driven to get rid of their land line.

But -- you knew a but was coming, didn't you? -- what I do hold against her is the lack of competence her campaign demonstrated today. I mean, if you are going to be ready to run the country on day one, shouldn't you demonstrate some basic skills? Like geography? I returned home from my day and found a message on my answering machine encouraging me to vote in Virginia. More than that, I was encouraged to attend a Clinton rally at Washington-Lee High school. Um, that high school is in ANOTHER STATE!

I am undecided. Please please please don't push me toward your opponent by annoying the hell out of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HRC's pop-up ads everytime I ping The Post are pissing me off, but Obama's campaign ringing my cell-phone daily are in close competition.

Anonymous said...

Heh, I haven't gotten a single Barrycall but I got seven HRC's yesterday. Guess I'm in a "working class" neighborhood while you are in the Upper Climes.