Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Donna Edwards

decisively won the primary fight for MD-4, unseating the long serving incumbent - 8 terms!! -- Al Wynn who was supported by Nancy Pelosi, Rahm Emanuel, and Steny Hoyer. YAY! It's a fine morning in spite of the layer of ice on everything. This is not my district but I did everything I could to to help her along. I am more than a little pleased to see a new person serving in that seat.

What is that you say? There is still the election in November? Piffle. This is a Democratic district. The winner of the Republican primary in this district has thus far garnered 3,577 votes. No, I'm not tempting fate. It's a done deal. Welcome Congresswoman Edwards. Life is good.

U.S. House, District 4 Democratic Primary
Candidate Votes %
Donna Edwards 52,861 60
Al Wynn * 30,673 35
Precincts: 76% | Updated: 5:12 AM ET | Source: AP

No comments: